Friday, 7 November 2014

FRIDAY FACEDAY I - SKIN

Welcome to the first installment of a three-piece set I'm calling Friday Faceday!
It's a hybrid wishlist/current faves and, over the next three weeks, I'll be sharing all things makeup, from what I use and love to what I'm lusting after.
With no further ado, this week's entry is all about getting the perfect face base.

Skin Base Lift concealer: £18 Illamasqua | Skin Base foundation: £32 Illamasqua | Contour palette: $40 Anastasia Beverly Hills | Hydra Veil primer: £30 Illamasqua
Illamasqua's Skin Base foundation is my go-to product.
For years I used Estée Lauder's DoubleWear but found it getting more and more orange and drying as time went on. I was so dissatisfied with DoubleWear that I headed for an Illamasqua skin match and I've never looked back! No more orange, seamless blending, beautiful coverage...I'm going to have a happy relationship with Skin Base for a long time to come.
I was also shown the Hydra Veil primer and Skin Base Lift concealer (Light 2 for me please) but didn't have enough money to buy them all together. They're firmly on my wishlist and I'll definitely be investing as and when I can!

An extra nod for your face base is the world-famous contour palette from Anastasia Beverly Hills. I've pored over YouTube videos and this is the product that is used time and time again to create a perfect, flawless contour.
It's not something I'd use on a daily basis because I'm not a Kardashian, but for special occasions and instances where I want to look my absolute best, this is the one piece of kit that I want in my life.

Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder: £21 MAC
Last up is this optional extra (optional meaning yes please) - MAC's Prep+Prime powder.
Until recently I've never used anything like this because I thought it'd be too cloggy on my face, preferring a light setting mist by e.l.f. That was until I got some Prep+Prime as a gift and it revolutionised my makeup. It lasts longer, sits better and gives an overall 'finished' feel, so much so that I wouldn't go back to NOT using it.
After putting in the time and effort to get a decent base it makes sense to invest in a little extra to keep it put.

Obviously there are plenty of other products out there that are brilliant as well, but I'm sharing here the things on my current hitlist. I'll hopefully be able to incorporate the things that I'm lusting after pretty soon and start playing around with perfecting my makeup further!

Honourable mentions include: Benefit's Porefessional (£24.50) and That Gal (£22.50) primers, SuperStay Better Skin foundation by Maybelline (£8.99), stick concealer by e.l.f (£3.95), their all over cover stick (£1.95) and their Studio Makeup Mist & Set (£3.95), MUA's bb cream (£4) and, lastly, MAC's Studio Fix Fluid foundation (£21.50).

A.W.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment