Friday, 14 November 2014

FRIDAY FACEDAY II - LIPS, MOSTLY

Welcome to the second edition of Friday Faceday!
I've had a bit of a struggle this week with products and how best to set them out (I realised I could've/should've put blush with last week's entry and there's about 94 bajillion more lip products I wanted to include) but I'm pleased with what I've got here and this week it's mostly wishlist.



Brow Zings eyebrow shaping kit: £24.50 Benefit | Shimmer Brick in Rose: £32.50 Bobbi Brown | Blush in Deep Throat: $30 NARS
Unicorn lipstick in babette: $18 Lime Crime | Matte lipsticks in Rebel and Relentlessly Red: £15.50 each MAC | Matte lip tars in Lydia and Hush: $18 each OCC | Velvetines in Red Velvet: $20 Lime Crime | Studded Kiss lipstick in Backstage Bambi: $21 Kat von D
Brow Zings is my must-have makeup product without a doubt. It's versatile, easy to use and allows you to get creative with eyebrow shape and thickness, from a complete shave-and-re-draw to simply enhancing your own arches. Eyebrows are hot right now and this set is a great way to step into the trend.
Also, as an extension to last week's post, blush is a necessity for creating a pulled-together face. It can make or break your look! I'm a fan of Nars powders and, while I haven't tried Deep Throat (oo-er!), I do have Orgasm, which is one of my favourites to pair with a nude lip and smokey eye. Deep Throat has a shimmer to it, which is what I'm after, but to achieve this with a seperate product it has to be Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick in Rose. This is on my lust list to play around with emphasising my cheekbones more, as well as giving a hint of pink that's not entirely overpowering.

First up on the lip front is Lime Crime. Their products are famously long-lasting and highly pigmented with oh-so-pretty packaging. I've chosen their Babette lipstick because it'll go with anything and the Red Velvet Velvetines for something a little special. The Velvetines formula is super wearable, not drying and long-lasting, with only minimal top ups after eating and drinking, and I'm curious to see if the lipstick has just as much longevity and quality.
Both MAC lipsticks are lust-afters this week. Rebel speaks for itself; simply put it looks incredible. For the time of year it's nothing short of perfect and, while it's a bold colour, it will go with 95% of everything I own. Relentlessly Red is on there because I have an obsession with matte finishes. The shade actually has a slight fuschia/pink tone to it, which is also enticing to me as it's like an intriguing element you wouldn't expect. Gimme!
Speaking of fuschia, Kat von D's Backstage Bambi is on the list specifically with party season in mind. It's matte, it's vivid, it's downright stunning and it's clear to see why it's described as a cult favourite.
I'll admit the packaging is what caught my eye to begin with and I'd happily own the entire collection purely based on that!
Lastly there's the OCC offerings. I've never sampled or owned anything by OCC but their reputation is brilliant and all of the YouTube looks I've seen with their products show them in a really positive light. Of course I've gone matte again and the shades I've chosen are extremely wearable; Hush for a day-to-day nude and Lydia for an injection of colour that's season-appropriate and work-friendly.

Of all the lip products I've discussed today the OCC pair are the ones I'll be investing in ASAP; I've heard too much praise to leave them aside for much longer. There are no words to describe how happy I am that Sephora ship to the UK!

This week's honourable mentions include but aren't limited to: Benefit Rockateur blush (£23.50), Urban Decay Naked Flushed blush palette (£22), Illamasqua's Glamore lipstick in Rosepout (£18.50) and their matte lipstick in ESP (£18.50) and NYX Cosmetics' Soft Matte Lip Cream in shades Buenos Aires and Sydney (£5.50 each).

A.W.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment