Friday, 21 November 2014

FRIDAY FACEDAY III - EYES

Welcome to the third and final installment of Friday Faceday. This week I'm concentrating on the eyes and, like last week, it's quite heavy on the wishful side of things, with just a few tried-and-tested favourites in the mix.

Duo eyeshadows in Paris, Alhambra and Sugarland: $35 each NARS | Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara: $19 Tarte Cosmetics | Fluidline in Blacktrack: £15.50 MAC | Tattoo Liner in Trooper: $18 Kat von D | Eye pencils in Perversion, Goldmine and Delinquent: £15 each Urban Decay | Diorshow Blackout Mascara: £24.50 Dior
The idea behind the NARS eyeshadows is ease; something simple to grab and use on a daily basis with a couple of complimentary colours that go together. The amount of combinations is vast and beautiful, but I've chosen Paris (for the classic smokey eye), Alhambra (for a beautiful daily nude look) and Sugarland (for something a bit more special) as three  examples to show how you can easily create a great eye look with just one product.
Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes is, for me, the one mascara I'm desperate to try. The packaging alone is tempting enough but the rave reviews on blogs and YouTube have given me reason enough to have this firmly on my wishlist.
Next up: BLACK LINER! I can't go a day without black liner. I'm a firm fan of the feline flick and incorporate it into my 'look' on a daily basis. MAC's Fluidline in Blacktrack was the first gel liner I tried and it's simply incredible. It lasts forever, it's surprisingly simple to use and, honestly, it's just nice to own a really good product. Sometimes I switch out the gel for a quicker option, usually of the felt tip variety, and Kat von D's Tattoo Liner is one that I want to try because the boldness and depth of the black looks incredible.
Pencil liner is also a staple and I rely on a black pencil for lining, blending, shaping, shadowing...you name it, it's probably the most versatile item in my makeup bag. I've popped in the Urban Decay pencils because the colour selection is really exciting and it's an avenue I'm going to explore with different eye looks in the very near future!
Lastly it's Dior's Diorshow Blackout mascara. This is my ultimate favourite mascara OF ALL TIME and I'm very excited to buy a new one from Sephora (I feel a haul coming) because I'm keen to try the new brush. I've never had a black mascara that is that black, thickening and long lasting and I'm just absolutely in love with it!

I'm really desperate to try the NARS shadow duos, so they're top of my hitlist this week. I'm a fan of their blush and I'm hopeful that their eyeshadows will have the same longevity and colour payoff.

Notable mentions of the week: Urban Decay's Naked palettes (£37 each), Collection's black Fast Stroke eyeliner (£2.99), BADgal black mascara by Benefit (£17.50), MAC eyeshadow shades (£13 each), Illamasqua eye colouring pencil in S.O.P.H.I.E, Seize and Debonair (£15 each), Benefit's They're Real! black gel push-up liner (£18.50)

A.W.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment