Sunday, 18 January 2015

ILLAMASQUA SALE

Illamasqua have quickly become my favourite brand in an all-round sense and, as I'm running out of various products, I'm infiltrating them in with the replacements that I need. Of course I'll still wear other brands - variety is the spice of life! - but Illamasqua is the one that's making up the majority of my new purchases.
I've received one order from Illamasqua, where I took advantage of their post-Christmas sale, and I've just placed another one now which I'm already excited for!

First up for this entry are the post-Christmas goodies...
Lipstick in Resist: £9.25 | Medium pencil in S.O.P.H.I.E: £5.20

Let me start by expressing my WOW at the lipstick.
On the website Resist is described as a deep rose pink with a matte finish. I've spoken of my love of matte lips before and Resist exceeded all expectations; it's not cakey or drying and I'd say that it's actually quite a hydrating formula. Considering it's matte, Resist didn't leave me with any flakiness on my lips and the colour lasted forever.
I put it on with a brush at around 9am, went for breakfast, did some shopping, had some lunch, chilled at home, went back out for a bit, had dinner and then hit the shower before bed. During the whole day I only topped up once, when I went back out, and that was only because I tend to give my face a once-over if I slob a bit then leave the house again.
Resist held up impeccably all day, even through drinking and eating, and I'm absolutely over the moon that I managed to get this lipstick for just £9.25.


The other purchase is the Medium Pencil in S.O.P.H.I.E, which has now been discontinued. This pencil is inspired by the murder of Sophie Lancaster, a Goth girl from Manchester whose life was ended purely for her looks and lifestyle choices. £3 from the sale of every S.O.P.H.I.E pencil went towards the Sophie Lancaster Foundation, which is an absolutely brilliant cause and encouraged me to buy two. Even though this pencil is discontinued, there are other products still available on the Illamasqua site that continue to send donations to the charity.
Application-wise S.O.P.H.I.E is a dream. Creamy and easy to blend it’s impeccable and there’s none of the sticking or dragging that can occur with eye pencils. Wearability is down to you; it’s an intense black that stands well on its own due to the sheer depth of colour, then it blends really easily if you like it a bit softer.

I’m so happy with my purchases from Illamasqua. The quality, colour payoff, durability and versatility of Illamasqua’s products are what attracted me to the brand and they’re what will keep me going back for a long time to come.
When I've received my next order I'll get some wear and make a little update on my further purchases. For now I think that myself and Illamasqua are on track for a very happy future together.

A.W.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment