Wednesday, 4 March 2015

ILLAMASQUA ESP LIPSTICK REVIEW

Illamasqua's ESP is not for the faint-hearted, which is one of the reasons I've been so keen to try it. It's dark, it's bold and it's a hell of a head-turner.
Illamasqua lipstick; ESP; £18.50

ESP is described as being a vivid violet shade, which it most certainly is! In my eyes it's also bordering on being slightly holographic due to its beautiful multitonal qualities.
The coverage of ESP is the only concern I had before buying it because some darker drug store shades I've used in the past have been quite greasy and worn off easily. All expectations were exceeded, as ESP gave incredible consistent colour and stayed bold and even long after application.
As per my ongoing obsession, ESP is a matte finish and, as per Illamasqua's track record, it's a delight to wear. It's not drying - far from it, actually - and regular top-ups aren't very necessary. I tend to redo lipstick when I've had food and drink but with ESP that isn't a definite need, although habit deems that I do it anyway.
ESP is my first foray into day-to-day dark lips; usually the boldest I'd go is red and save anything darker for nights out or costume-based occasions. After wearing ESP and getting so many compliments from it, I've built up some confidence and it's already become a staple for the days I feel like I want to fully indulge in makeup and embrace a bold look.
Teamed with a neutral eye, ESP has the chance to stand out and steal the show; amp it up with a dark, smokey eye and you'll be ready to slay everything in your path.

I'm incredibly happy that I plumped for ESP. It's made me eager to try more bold looks and, essentially, it's restored some confidence in myself. Yep, one little lipstick has brought that about, so for me it's a big winner.

Do you like bold lip looks? Let me know your favourites in the comments.

A.W.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment