Thursday, 16 April 2015

BRANDWATCH: AUSSIE HAIRCARE

Aussie is a brand that I've had a great relationship with over the years, with only a couple of slip-ups along the way. Here I'm going to sort my faves from my duds and explain what I rate compared to what's not so great.
L-R: 3 Minute Miracle Conditioner, Miracle Moist Shampoo and Take The Heat Defense Spray; 3 for £10 at Tesco

3 Minute Miracle is the absolute saviour of dead and dry hair, as I discovered back in '07 when I was in the midst of a complete whiteout. My ends were brittle and I needed something strong to get some moisture back into my follicles. 3 Minute Miracle was a total chance purchase back then and, while my hair is in much better condition these days, I still enjoy slathering the stuff on once or twice each month and letting it soak in for a deep hit of moisture.

Miracle Moist Shampoo was bought for reasons similar to 3 Minute Miracle, especially with my fondness for colouring my hair being a factor. This stuff smells absolutely amazing and I always feel like my hair's been cleaned properly when I use it. I currently alternate this shampoo with Colour Mate and my hair is in the best condition I remember it being.

Take The Heat is a leave-in spray to help stop hair from being damaged from the heat associated with hairdryers, straighteners, curlers, etc. As with all Aussie products it smells luscious and works a treat. I don't use straighteners as much as I used to but I do still use a hairdryer and this spray keeps my hair protected from the heat which would otherwise be quite damaging.

L-R: Curl Define Styling Mousse and Miracle Shine Conditioner; 2 for £10 at Superdrug

Curl Define Styling Mousse was a huge disappointment for me, perhaps moreso with it being the first Aussie product that I felt dissatisfied with. I was expecting this mousse to work with my hair and give my natural curls some definition and loveliness without any frizz. Sadly all it seemed to do was make my hair feel crispy and strange, with no added definition to my curls. I tried applying the mousse a number of different ways, every time being left with the same crunchy result.

Miracle Shine Conditioner isn't a bad product fundamentally, I was just unhappy with the feel and look of my hair after I used it. I mistakenly got a travel-sized version for holiday, thinking it was the usual Miracle Moist. After using it and styling my hair as usual I felt that my hair didn't look shiny so much as greasy and it felt really static and flyaway. I did persevere and try it two more times but got the same result after each use, so this is a no-go for me.

Overall I love Aussie as a brand and will continue to buy the products that have proved well, as well as trying new ones that could benefit my hair. I'm also curious to try their new line of bodywashes, especially as the pink labelled one smells like Snow Fairy!

Do you like Aussie? What are your loved/loathed products from them?

A.W.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment