Thursday, 18 February 2016

MY TOP THREE EYEBROW PRODUCTS

Brows are still having their time in the spotlight and everyone has their own techniques and favourite products when it comes to how to make them look their best. Here I’m sharing my top three brow products, plus two very worthy honourable mentions…

TOP THREE
→ 1: Morphe BROW8 Brow Palette
BROW8 is a new addition to my collection and I’ve fallen hard! The palette has eight pans consisting of six powders, one wax and one concealer. Having six shades of colour allows full colour control and is the reason I’m finally learning the perfect fade. I use the wax as a base layer, fill the middles with a medium tone, use a lighter one to pull through the front of the brow and finish by sharpening the tails with a moistened angle brush in the darkest colour. It’s a process that’s giving me the best brows ever and I can’t express enough how much I love this palette.


→ 2: Illamasqua Eyebrow Cake
Eyebrow Cake was the first proper ‘holy shit’ moment I had with a brow product. It took my brows from being a-OK to looking perfect each and every time. The powder is smooth as silk, the pigmentation is insane (I use shade Thunder) and the staying power is impeccable. Eyebrow Cake is my daily go-to product and is best for when I’m after full bold brows. As with BROW8, I love to finish with a moistened angled brush to give the tails a line sharp enough to cut a bitch.


→ 3: Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade
It took me a few goes to get used to this holy grail product and, after initially hating it, now I’m using it more it’s made its way firmly into my top three. I’ve never used a product that’s got such moisture to it and wasn’t expecting such small amounts to go such a long way; it’s definitely taught me not to be so heavy-handed! Finish-wise Dipbrow is beautiful and matte, it doesn’t budge and a good fade can be achieved all within the same colour gradient. Dipbrow is so sought-after for good reason and I’m very pleased it’s in my collection.


HONOURABLE MENTIONS
→ 1: Soap & Glory Archery D-I-Y Brow Bar
Archery contains two powders, one wax and one highlighter, along with a mini angled brush and spooley. The different shades allow for a multidimensional brow and the wax and highlighter are useful additions. Archery just misses a top three spot because its staying power isn’t as great as the others, plus the tools are too small to be fully useful. Value and presentation make it a reasonable kit but it’s probably best suited to starters in the world of brows.


→ 2: e.l.f Eyebrow Pencil
This was my first ever eyebrow-specific product and it’s still dear to me. The pencil is double-ended with one side being a waxy colour and the other being a highlighter. It’s so well-pigmented and simple to use, with the bonus of being able to cover a decent area with minimal effort. I don’t actually own one of these just now but I will definitely be buying more now that e.l.f has returned for a quick way to get defined brows.


x

No comments:

Post a Comment