Friday, 21 October 2016

AUTUMN/WINTER STAPLES 2016: THE WISHLIST



It’s the time of year where the nights are drawing in, pumpkin spice is everywhere and transitioning into big coats from light summer jackets is at the forefront of my mind. This is my favourite time of year, especially once the chill comes along and the sun sets before 7pm. I’m hoping the cold weather comes quickly because I have here a list of things that I’m dying to swap into once the chill starts to hit…

THE SHREDDED SKINNIES: ASOS, £32
Shredded jeans are very hit or miss, with the shreds having to be just right for me to consider them; a bit more than just the knee but not full gaping holes across the entire thigh area. These Ridley jeans from ASOS are the perfect amount of shred for my liking and will look brilliant dressed up with something sparkly or down with some low-pro Converse.

THE MIDI TWO-PIECE: Nakita’s Boutique, $34.99 (~£26)
You can’t go wrong with a midi two-piece and this set from Nakita’s Boutique is such a gorgeous seasonal colour. Even as a bigger girl I love sets like these because it’s a way to flash a bit of flesh without being obscene and stays on-trend in the process.



THE CAMEL COAT: Missguided USA, $56 (~£42)
It’s become a staple in many a wardrobe thanks to Kim Kardashian, but the camel coat is an underrated item that looks classic and pulled together no matter what it’s worn with. I love versatility so having a coat that pulls up the look of some jeans and a t-shirt, as well as being able to be thrown on over a date night dress, is a big winner for me. The adaptability of the camel coat is what’ll keep it around for years to come so it’s a real investment item.

THE HEELED BOOT: River Island, £50
Heeled boots are the easiest way to go from day to night and this pair from River Island are the nicest I’ve seen this year. I love a chunky, cleated sole and, whilst they’re a simple design, they have enough about them to be an interesting choice. This particular pair are smart enough for work, whilst being dressy enough to take on a date or for a night out dancing. Perfect.

THE LITTLE BLACK DRESS: Boohoo, £30
It’s an instilled fact that you can never go wrong with a little black dress. They’re classic, classy and completely suitable for absolutely everybody. As soon as I clapped eyes on this one from Boohoo.com I fell for it because it’s a different take on the expected LBD and will vamp up any upcoming Christmas party!

I’m sure there are many many more items I could add to this list across an array of categories, so I’m going to congratulate myself on being so well-restrained, but for now I shall lust after these five beauties and attempt to decide which one to add to my collection first.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment