Monday, 24 October 2016

I SAID YES!



On September 24th I moved a little further along the path of adulthood; September 24th was the day I levelled up from girlfriend to fiancée. After seven-and-a-half years of sharing life with my bear he surprised me in the best possible way and proposed with the most beautiful ring.


I’ve always been sure that getting engaged and married wouldn’t change anything because we’ve been together for so long, we’ve lived together for the entire time and it’d simply be a case of us having the same surname. It’s quickly become apparent that marriage is so much more than that.

Being a fiancée is a wonderful feeling. Knowing that you’re heading towards the final destination of being joined to the person you love the most in the world is so lovely. Before becoming engaged we always said forever in a way that we were both perfectly content with, but this is a deeper level of forever.
Becoming Brad’s wife is something that both excites and overwhelms me in the best ways imaginable. The thought of marrying the man I see as my best friend, my confidante, my lover, my number one supporter, my partner in crime...it fills me with a sense of pride that’s quite incomprehensible.


We were tiny clueless youths when we found each other and since then we’ve grown up and lived so many lives together with some seriously hard times battled through, one of which we're currently coming out the other side of. He makes me happy and he makes me want to be the best version of myself that I can be.

On September 24th I said ‘yes’. One day I’ll be saying ‘I do’ to the most incredible man I’ve ever met. I can’t wait.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment