Friday, 24 March 2017

EXPERIENCE 2017!

After the total exasperation that was 2016 I vowed to make 2017 different for all the right reasons. Almost four months in I'm having an experience-led year that's proving to be absolutely brilliant. Take a seat and come with me to have a look through the main experiences I'm looking forward to the most this year...


1. I Am Gym Bunny
So that heading is a little optimistic but what's a plan without some hope?! I promised myself back in Yorkshire that I'd rejoin a gym and it's shaping up to be one of the best decisions I've made for a while.
My main focus for attending the gym is weight loss, but there are so many other benefits coming from regular workouts that I almost feel like a completely new person. I've met new friends, I have heaps more energy and the positive impact that taking regular exercise is having on my mental health is incredible! As my fitness is improving so is my confidence and I'm looking forward to seeing how far ahead I'll be by the end of the year.

2. Hostess With the Mostest
One of the downsides of moving cross-country is missing family and friends BUT this gives me the opportunity to host their holidays! I love making my close ones happy so I'm looking forward to planning days out, finding lovely places to eat and making sure they all have an excellent time.
It's an exciting challenge to find activities to fit different people; for example, my parents are coming in early May so we'll take a trip to Fairhaven Lake, enjoy a St Annes beach visit and take a trip up to Cleveleys with food coming from local pubs. On the flip side a couple of friends our own age are coming in July and their visit will likely entail Blackpool's Pleasure Beach and Sandcastle Waterpark, some shopping in Manchester and hopefully a visit for some scrummy V Rev food.

3. Enjoy Live Music
Few things in life are better than live gigs and I have a few lined up for the rest of the year, plus there's a few more on my wishlist. Currently planned are Slam Dunk Festival at the end of May, and Mayday Parade and UK Slam Fest, which are both in September. Slam Dunk and Mayday Parade are both heavy on the nostalgia hit and I can't wait to experience A Lesson In Romantics in all its full glory. On the wishlist is the Sunday of Parklife in June and I am beyond desperate to see Lady Gaga when she's in the country in October. Sadly I was a victim of the ticket fiasco so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll release more dates. Seeing artists and bands perform right in front of my eyeballs is one of my favourite things to do and I'm hopeful that 2017 isgoing to deliver some brilliant performances.

4. A Completed Sleeve
My left arm has been a saga in terms of getting it tattooed; it's been ongoing since 2011 (yes, really) but I only have one large piece left to be done and some smaller gap fillers to fully finish it off.
I've grown to have a love/hate relationship with getting the sleeve done but I am well and truly ready to get it totally boxed off this year. To some of you it'll probably seem strange to class this as an experience to look forward to, but I do think of tattoo sessions as exactly that! After six years of falling in and out of love with my sleeve I'm very much ready to have it beautiful and complete.

5. Trot the Globe
At the end of April Brad and I will be celebrating our eighth anniversary and we want to go adventuring on our first foreign holiday (yes, you read that right, we've never been on a 'proper' holiday together!) with the toss-up currently falling between Amsterdam and Poland.
Sun-drenched holidays spent on loungers don't really appeal to us - we'd rather experience culture and history in the places that we do end up visiting - which is why we're stuck on fully deciding where to go on our first trip away. There are pros and cons to both places, with the final decision looking to be scarily close to being decided via the flip of a coin!

I'm really enjoying the process of building my year on experiences and making memories - I truly feel like it's a properly fulfilling way to go about things - and I'm loving Eventbrite for finding interesting and exciting things to do that I might otherwise miss out on. If you can't find an event you want to attend you can even create your own and keep track of the guest list with their online registration software.
Let me know what memories you're going to be making this year in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment